Friday, October 16, 2009

What were you doing today, 7 years ago?!?

Well, I remember...I was sitting in St Mary's Health Center becoming a mother for the first time. I was scared out of my mind and excited all at the same time. I remember watching an episode of The Amazing Race (I believe that was the time that Zac and Flo won!), I remember trying to make a final decision on her name, and I remember Tom being much more scared than I thought he was going to be. It was a LONG time though...it seemed like, well, 28 hours or so! :) But in the end it was all worth is because
at 11:18pm
on October 16, 2002,
Lydia Kay Donaldson
was born into our family,
Weighing in at 6lbs, 10oz
and measuring 20 inches long




Now look at her...in 1st grade, a reading machine, pretty good at Tae Kwon Do, a wonderful, helpful big sister, and always making jokes! I have always had dreams of having children, but I don't think that I truely knew what I was getting into...none of us do, but Lydia certainly gave me more than I expected! She is wonderful and stubborn and her own person, and I love her for that!


Happy 7th Birthday Lydia!


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday beautiful girl! I hope you have all had fun celebrating today and into the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete